Friday, November 20, 2015

FORGETFULNESS

Who am I? Why can't I be content? Am I godly enough? What am I doing with my life? Do I make any difference at all? Do I know what the most important things in my life are? Am I bitter or grateful? Are my priorities right? What do I represent? What am I passionate about? I could go on and on! We all think about with these sorts of questions, either once in a while or very often, depending on where in life we are.

Unfortunately, the reason we ask these questions is because our minds are so prone to wander and forget. Psalm 50:22 says, "“Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver!”" Furthermore, in Psalm 78:42, "They did not remember his power or the day when he redeemed them from the foe." 

It's not surprising that throughout the Bible we are reminded of our tendencies to wander and seek other things first instead of seeking God first; we forget easily the reason we are in this world and look to what is in front of us with the feeling that this is all we have get. It is easy to forget who we are in the Lord and behave according to that, loosing our perspective.

The remedy and answer for it is not new at all. We are not to be passive! We must seek Him first (Mt 6:33), fight for the joy in glorifying Him in everything (Ps 115:1), delight in His word daily (Ps 37:4, Jeremiah 9:34, Proverbs 8:30-31), because the Lord delights in us! (Ps 149:4)  What can be more amazing and simple at the same time?! I believe that God reveals His glory to us by the Word of the Lord and true prayer.

So let's stop committing the sin of forgetfulness. Let's not lose focus of the reason why we live! 

Psalm 119:10: "With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!"

Psalm 103:17-18: "But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments."








No comments:

Post a Comment