Monday, February 22, 2016

What good is it?

Hello everyone!

Meet Kayden standing on my right and Jahir in my arms, they are both 5 years old. During the recent Culiacan mission trip I had the privilege to give physical therapy treatments to Jahir, son of one of our Mexican recordists and interact with Kayden during the outreaches at the camps.

One day while I was treating Jahir, Kayden (one of the sons of a couple that came from US with their 4 boys to serve), approached me asking me if Jahir was a baby, I said, "No, Jahir is as old as you are."

Kayden continued asking me, "So will he grow up? will he ever get to go to school? Can he eat like I do? Can he talk and play?

I explained to Kayden that Jahir would not grow up like him, he will not be able to go to school or even grow up physically and talk and play like he does. I continued to explain that God created and loves him exactly the way he is. I told Kayden that he could love and pray for Jahir. When I had finished explaining Kayden surprised me by his action. He put his face against Jahir's face, held his hand, gave him a kiss and asked me, "Can I take I picture with him so I can remember to pray for him every night?"

It put tears in my eyes! How many times I have been touched with something or somebody and not taken any action about it and just wallowed in the sadness of the situation, when I could have simply stepped a little out of my comfort zone and showed the love of Christ by taking time to pray with them and for them right there!

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
James 2:14-17


1 comment: